I wanted to share some updates and thoughts around the new WordPress editor that is being launched as part of WordPress 5.0
- I haven’t found any issues with using WordPress 5.0 with our themes but please note that the theme styles in the editor won’t match exactly what is shown on the front in until we roll out some updates.
- Support for the new block editor will be included in all of our themes in the coming months. I will start by getting our most popular themes Politics Plus, Gateway Plus, and Advocator ready first– but all themes will be updated soon after.
- Version 5 is a large update with potential incompatibles with themes and plugins, so if you can– I would hold off updating until you know your themes and plugins are compatible.
- As always, please backup your database and files prior to any WordPress updates.
- If you do update, but decide you are not ready for the new editor, you can install the Classic editor plugin to retain the editing environment that is more familiar to you.
With that said! Enjoy the holiday and have a happy new year!